The property is immersed in a parkland of about 15 acres with olive trees, cypresses, pines and oak trees offering absolute peace and quiet just few minutes away from the historical center of Florence.
The main building is a historic villa for hotel use, originally build as a guest quarters in 1400, enlarged in the 19th century and renovated in more recent years.
The villa originated as the guest quarters of the ‘Certosa dei Galluzzo’ Monastery — one of the most important monasteries in Europe — a destination of pilgrimages and which hosted hundreds of religious scholars, and, before the Napoleonic pillages, preserved
over 500 exquisite works of art.
It was renovated along with other buildings within the property to make a total of 59 rooms and 6 suites, overlooking the park, the Tuscan hills and the Certosa.
- Historic villa: 995 m² on 3 floors.
- Annexes: 2,460 m² (including historic ones such as stables and barns, renovated in the ‘70s, mainly converted into rooms, plus recent buildings for common areas such as a restaurant and a bar).
The property offers also tennis courts and an outdoor swimming-pool in the parkland. Beyond the restaurant room, lunch and dinner can also be served in the garden or by the poolside.
The property is situated in the Municipality of Florence, about 5 km from Firenze city center.
Distances from the property:
- World War II Florence American Cemetery and Memorial: 4 km/ 2,5 mi.
- Boboli Gardens: 4 km/ 2,5 mi.
- Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori: 5,8 km/ 3,6 mi.
- Statue of David 6,2 km/ 3,9 mi.
- Circolo Golf Ugolino: 6,6 km/ 4,1 mi.
- Florence Airport (FLR Peretola): 8,5 km/ 5,3 mi.
As the property is near the Chianti region, you can easily plan a visit to one of the many famous vineyards and wine cellars in the area.