The property consists of a large historical building, that looks like an articulated complex made up of different aggregate volumes built during different historical periods and initially used as Romanesque church (with underlying crypt), dating back to approximately the 1000 year.
In the middle of the XIV century, opposite the church there was built a two-floor monastery, consisting of a big building, like fortress, with a dining hall on the ground floor and three large rooms for convent use upstairs. At the same period there were built other small buildings and boundary walls around the courtyard or cloister, and was also made the well cistern for rainwater collecting. The main and additional structures of this period are in pure medieval Gothic style.
The total usable surface of the complex is 700 m²
The property is surrounded by about 9 hectares of woodland; the part with tall trees consists mostly of oak trees. On the territory of property, near the main complex, there is a source of water which is still the only source of water supply. There is total privacy on the territory, and in general, the place is magic. Dr. Domenico Rossi, the author of manuscript describing the history of Romitorio, says that this site was chosen ”because of the nature smiling to everybody, because of the land endowing with life energy usually perceived by people. That vital energy comes from the depth to surface and pulsates in veins of the earth just like blood“.
The whole complex has undergone partial restoration carried out in 1977 and lasted for several years.