Antica Masseria called Lu Palummaru, dating back to the Turks, 1700. It consists of two buildings, totally measuring an area of about 350 square meters, part of which is in ruins. The land measuring approximately 14,000 square meters, characterized by the dominant presence of ancient olive trees, some almonds, prickly pear, wild pear trees and some bushes of Mediterranean scattered here and there.
Artesian well for watering plants and a tank of old building placed in the corner of the property.
The property is accessible by paved country road, and is about 5 km from Casarano, 3 km from Ugento and 9 km from the sea Ugento, Torre San Giovanni, Torre Mozza, Lido Marini, and so on. etc.
The term farm (called Masseri or Massari massàre Massere or the guardian of the farm) indicates a fortified farm often widespread in southern Italy and most especially in Puglia, but also in some eastern areas of Campania, in particular the Irpinia and the low Sannio, Basilicata central and Eastern Europe, especially in the upper part of the plateau Murgia, the extreme northern Calabria and inland central Sicily. The farm, years ago, was the expression of an organization linked to the geo-economic latifundia, the large estates that fueled the revenues of the aristocracy and the bourgeoisie. The farms were so large farms inhabited, often, by the landowners, but the vast rural construction also included the homes of the peasants in some areas even seasonal, stables, stores, forage and crops.