CAPRARICA DEL CAPO
In downtown Caprarica Cape, an ancient hamlet of Tricase, famous for the Castle Caprarica, dating back to 1524 (”CASTLE FACTO FOR MASTRO ANTONIO RENNE DE TRICASE A (y ear) 1524“., Is a B & B set in an old house Corte, inhabited at the time by various families. One for every room. Just off the whole front of the building you can see today the stone rings, where the horses were tied knights and travelers, passing along this land, to go to the Holy Land.
In the heart of this little old town, it sets a historic property in court, dating back to the late 1600s, restored and turned to B & B. Restored in full respect of the local architecture with original materials, preserving the original structure in stone room, with exposed face.
The charming B & B, called ”The Old Court“ is 4 km, close to the main roads, and the railway station linking the town with the Epiù beautiful places in Salento (Castro, Santa Maria di Leuca, Santa Cesarea Terme, Otranto, Lecce, Brindisi, Melpignano, where every summer there is the most characteristic of the cultural events of the Salento, NIGHT OF TARANTA). It is a great starting point for unforgettable excursions, rocky shores of the Adriatic Sea, or on the sandy beaches of the Ionian Sea beaches of Salento.
The B & B consists of entrance courtyard wonderful, with a central well, 5 bedrooms all triple, 5 bathrooms, laundry room and storage on the terrace, room-living room-restaurant with fireplace restored antique, space office-hallway, bathroom, storage compartment laundry and dishes, the well water chamber, autoclave, gas, electricity, boiler.
Air conditioners in every room, as well as fridge in the rooms, TV and various accessories toilet.
The Old Court is excellent to be used, even as historic private use, being located on a small square, easily accessible, and easy parking for cars.
The covered area is 335 square meters, while the central courtyard measuring an area of 75 square meters.
History of Caprarica Del Capo
The first settlement of Caprarica probably arose around the twelfth century, according to a certain period the fortunes of the County of Alessano, where feudal lords were the Della Ratta. Subsequently Alessano and its county came under the control of the Del Balzo, of Capua and Gonzaga. Andrea Gonzaga in 1585 donated the estate to the nephew of Caprarica Ferrante II, then was property of Mellacqua, of Ventura, of Raho and Vernaleone.
In 1736 the estate of Caprarica, then in the hands of Joseph Vernaleone, was bought by the Prince of Tricase Stefano Gallone, whose heirs kept the possession until the subversion of feudalism (1806) .
In recent years, with the urban growth of Tricase, the town was almost completely incorporated into the main center; since 1992, no longer enjoys the status of village and, together with the centers of Marina Serra, St. Euphemia, Tutino and Tricase Porto, it is considered a ward.