The Palace in the historical center, the main square of Ortelle, dates back to 1760 and is a part of a well-known noble family, who built the palace.
The whole structure is in perfect condition, even while maintaining the proper functioning of the internal fixtures and someone outside.
Palace is on two levels with a covered surface of 400 m², between the ground floor and the first floor, in addition to cellars dug into the tuff, where even today you have all the equipment for crushing and processing of grapes, having a surface area of 120 m².
The palace consists of an entrance on the square, and a secondary side street, both flowing into a central atrium, various rooms with frescoes and mosaics of the time, kitchens and rooms for the servants on the ground floor.
The first floor is composed of several rooms, many of which are painted with tile mosaics.
Location and nearby infrastructure
Ortelle has located about 40 km from Lecce and 93 km from the Airport of Salento (Brindisi).