This 120 m² apartment is located on the ground floor in a 1620-year-old building, as indicated by a sign above the front door. The house was also used as housing for the artists of the Teatro alla Scala. The apartment offers a pleasant view of the garden, which allows you to take full advantage of the very bright exposure to the south.
The apartment has two bedrooms with bathrooms, a large and bright living room, a laundry room and a kitchen.
In 2009, the prestigious Milanese architectural firm completed the general restoration of the building, both the common parts and all the apartments, and undoubtedly performed a non-trivial job, implementing a conservative restoration, reproducing previously existing details (boiserie, rounded ceilings, an elevator), replacing balconies which diminished the brightness of the inner courtyard with three walkways of steel and glass.
The colors of the interiors are soft: ivory marble on the walls, Roman travertine in the bathrooms and oak flooring in all rooms, including office rooms. There is a home automation control unit. The windows provide excellent thermal and acoustic insulation, providing silence in the center of Milan.
Location and nearby infrastructure
The house is located in the Brera district, a stone's throw from the Cadorna metro station, a 5-minute walk from the Teatro alla Scala and Castello Sforzesco, and a 10-minute walk from the Cathedral.