This splendid castle, originally from 1200, is the result of the careful restoration work carried out by the Owners in collaboration with the Superintendency of Cultural Heritage of Lombardy, which made it possible to transform the abandoned building into a unique luxury home, bringing it back to its ancient charm, and today is classified like Italian national monument enjoying the advantageous artistic and historical protections. The castle consists of a main house of 750 square meters, with an elevator that leads up to the top of the tower and a secondary house, located in a side of the castle, inserted in an ancient nineteenth-century park, expertly planted with refined essences. On the ground floor is the entrance, which is accessed from the large private courtyard, a large double living room with fireplace, vaulted ceilings, overlooking the garden; studio with independent entrance from the court; dining room; large kitchen with fireplace, oven and breakfast nook; service bathroom. Upstairs is three bedrooms each with its own private bathroom and a balcony overlooking the courtyard. On the second floor, in the crenellated tower, is the master suite with access to the private terrace, equipped with large private space and bathroom. Finally, on the top floor, the roof terrace, accessible also by elevator, from which is possible enjoy the surrounding landscape. The property includes the basement, connected directly to the garage of 90 square meters, consisting of a large tavern of 50 square meters, the characteristic cellars with vaulted ceilings and a bathroom. The dependance, of about 100 square meters, an integral part of the castle with independent access, is composed of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room on the mezzanine, cellar and parking space in the castle garage. The high quality furnishings and antiques, many of which date back to the 1600’s, can be purchased together with the propriety, subject to evaluation; the villa also has four perfectly functioning fireplaces. The village of Gorle, near the course of the river Serio, has Roman origins. The first structure of the Castle probably had the task, together with other structures, of controlling the passage and of defending the bridge of Gorle (Ponte Marzio) which, at that time was the only bridge over the river Serio that connected the north-east of Italy with Bergamo, a city that, since the time of Julius Caesar, was part of Cisalpine Gaul. Docuements dating back to the 13th century says that the Castle was part of a residential complex used as a summer residence for the bishops of Bergamo who, over the centuries, left various traces and their simbols still present today, on the facades of the tower. The location, 5 km from the Milan-Orio al Serio airport and the city of Bergamo, 40 km from the center of Milan and Lake Como, make this property a rare opportunity.
Castle – Gorle, Lombardy, Italy
- Total rooms: 8
- 6-floor building
- Balcony or terrace
- Car parks