About 15 minutes from the art city of Lucca and 40 minutes from the sea, this Villa is a majestic property with a spectacular Italian garden, located near a small Tuscan village.
The history of the villa begins in 1366 when an important Florentine family bought the fortress where the villa stands today, making it a prestigious private residence.
In the 17th century the park was enlarged and designed according to the canons of the Italian garden with terraces, stairways, statues and fountains with water features.
The noble villa of 3,032 square meters. it is made up of various frescoed rooms of great value. The Summer Palace of about 624 square meters, the Summer Palace, The farmhouse called ”the Farm“ of 562 square meters. it is spread over three levels and has an internal courtyard with a portico and a small private garden.
A building used as a restaurant of 248 square meters on two floors.
On the first floor there is a room with a window that enjoys a view of the garden. A restored building of 527 square meters. with the ground floor intended for an educational path.
The House of Butterflies, a wonderful 411 sq m crystal butterfly is a greenhouse that proposes a tropical environment suitable for the life of butterflies in which it is possible to admire different species.
Small spa structure of 87 square meters, original of the time, consisting of a double-height building in which there are some lovely frescoed rooms for the thermal baths.
Although the villa is in need of restoration, it is in good general condition and keeps its original charm and materials intact.
Inside there are still the representative rooms with the staircase and the large halls with valuable frescoes.
The buildings closest to the villa also need restoration work while those currently used to serve the park (the restaurant, the house near the butterfly house) have been restored.
Built in 1652, the park has an Italian garden in the lower part from which majestic stairways and terraces rise up along the slope of the hill adorned with statues and waterfalls with water features that still today, thanks to the hydraulic works dating back to the 1793, make the complex even more spectacular.
Beyond the park, the complex includes further land for a total of about 12 hectares with woods and a small olive grove.
The Villa is one of the most spectacular examples of historic Tuscan architecture. It is a unique property due to its history and its architecture, the large surface area, with the villa in a private and dominant position and the service buildings located below, suggest a destination that ranges from the prestigious residence to the accommodation complex. of the highest level or as a cultural center or exclusive place of intellectual retreat.
Also ideal as a location for events of the highest level, thanks also to the position, easily accessible, away from traffic and crowds but well connected to the airport, the motorway and some of the major Tuscan art centers: Florence, Lucca, Pisa.
Also close to the sea and the lake. In just over half an hour it is possible to reach Pisa (47 km), Florence (65 km) and Lake Massaciuccoli (40 km). The A11 motorway which connects the property to Florence and the sea is just 9 km away. while the international airport of Pisa can be reached in less than 40 minutes (49 km).