Designed by the famous architect Carrera, this daring and elaborate manor house is surrounded by a crenellated wall, the foundations of which are the ancient circular icebox of Balzola visible on the ground floor. There is a wonderful little chapel and sumptuous original furniture by Aldo Boggione as well as Murano glass and wrought iron chandeliers, inlaid doors, and lead glass windows designed by Prof. Siletti and made at the Janni glass factory in Turin. The walls are covered with silk and pictorial decorations by Angelo Bigatto. The floors are parquet, stone, mosaic, and so on, all of the highest artistic value.
It is spread over 8 levels for a height of 30 meters and has a surface are of more than 600 square meters. Distributed as follows:
- on the ground floor is a large hall with a kitchenette currently used for small ceremonies and events
- on the first floor is an entrance, the chapel, living room, kitchen, large dining room, a bathroom and a hanging garden
- on the second floor are two halls, a sitting room, a bathroom and two balconies
- On the third floor are three bedrooms, a bathroom and two balconies
- On the fourth floor are two bedrooms, a bathroom and a large terrace
- On the fifth floor begins the tower with a spiral staircase, this floor and the sixth floor are used as bedrooms.
- On the seventh floor is the terrace
The castle has external and internal stairways and external lighting. In the last 5 years, the manor has been under constant restoration: a new condensing boiler, thermostatic knobs to the radiators, the electrical system in accordance with the copper sections, 150 square meters of terraces paved with natural stone mosaics.
Fireplace, Outdoor lighting, Irrigation system, Security door.
This Neo-Gothic style castle from the late 1920s is situated at the foot of Monferrato just 5 km from Casale Monferrato and 45 km from Alessandria in Piedmont. A very convenient location, it is in the center of the triangle between Milan(80 km), Turin (km. 70) and Genoa (km. 110), all with international airports, and also close to France, Switzerland, the sea, lakes and mountains with immediate access to motorways.