The following islands and lagoons are available for acquisition based on a 99 year lease depending on the magnitude of the development. They are owned by the Maldivian Government and recommended for luxury resort or private island development.
- Haa Alif atoll Vagaaru island – USD 2.8 million
- Haa Alif atoll Gaamathikulhudhoo island – USD 1.6 million
- Haa Dhaal atoll Dhipparufushi island – USD 1 million
- Haa Dhaal atoll Muiri island – USD 6.7 million
- Noonu atoll Loafaru island – USD 4.4 million
- Baa atoll Bodufinolhu island – USD 4.1 million
- Baa atoll Innafushi island – USD 2.1 million
- Baa atoll Fares island – USD 6.7 million
- Kaafu atoll Feydhoo Finolhu island – USD 3 million
- Addu atoll Ismehela Hera (including Kedavaahera) – USD 1 million
- Addu atoll Savaaheli island – USD 1.3 million
- Addu aloll Hankada — USD 0.6 million
- Kaafu atoll Kani island −2.5 hectare for USD 2.1 million
- Alif Dhaal atoll Bodukaashihura island — 2.4 hectare for USD 1.7 million
- Alif Dhaal atoll Lonubu island — 2.1 hectare for USD 1.5 million
We will provide on more information including the best structure to lease an islands and provide in-depth information on the acquisition process including rental taxes payable after completion.
Example: Addu atoll Savaaheli island – USD 1.3 million
- USD 1.4 million acquisition fee for 10.4 Hectare (104,000 sqm) island
- 2 year tax holiday to develop the island including tax free imports of any material, furniture, and equipment for building purposes.
- USD 832,000 land tax per year after completion at USD 8 per m²
The Maldivian Government will give a tax holiday for the first two years after acquisition to build and develop the island. Once completed the island is subject for an annual land tax based on the size of land. There are no taxes for reefs and water bungalows are not subject to taxes.
Maldives is renowned for incomparable beauty and has over 120 luxury resorts in private islands. It is the ”showpiece“ for high end resorts as well as high net worth individuals.
Four international airports and eight domestic airports. Male and Gan airports catering to major commercial flights. Most airports will arrange parking for private jets. Most resorts offer private transfer via sea place and some are accessible by ferry or yacht.
Location and nearby objects
The Maldives, is a South Asian island country, located in the Indian Ocean, situated in the Arabian Sea. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India. It is composed of 26 ring-shaped atolls, which are made up of more than 1,000 coral islands. It’s known for its beaches, blue lagoons and extensive reefs.
Islands are available in most Atolls throughout the islands that the Government make available each year.
Kaafu Atoll is the most expensive area. The second most expensive areas include the regions of Ari Atoll. The least expensive areas are the northern and southern most atolls.