• Living area: 635m²
• Plot of land: 10.000m²
• 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms
• Built in 1897, lovingly modernized
• Manor house with 5 outbuildings
This old manor house is located north of Loulé on the outskirts of a small village within a beautiful landscape and nature, quiet and peaceful with a wide open view.
Large Manor House & 5 Annexes — a true Algarve gem. Set in the rolling hills just 30 minutes from the coast and Faro Airport hidden away is a unique Manor House that has been beautifully restored in a traditional manner to recreate its former glory.
In addition to the Manor House there are also 5 individual units/guest houses spread over the 10,000 m² plot.
Located at the sunny end of an elongated valley, with its imposing elevated position, the estate forms the upper part of a historic hamlet. The property boasts views over uniquely scenic chains of hills down to the Atlantic coast. In the area are several official hiking routes as well as a small mountain lake. The air and water here are pure and unpolluted. Access to the property is excellent with good infrastructure.
In terms of lifestyle and setting, the estate is unique. Its character reflects the historical face of the Southern-Portuguese “cork nobility” in the evergreen surrounds of the mountainous hinterland. The glossy shine of a well-worn threshold alone is enough to warm the heart of many a visitor.
The property includes: approx. 1,800m² garden, approx. 6,000m² cork oak forest, approx. 1,000m² grassland.
The build area is approx. 635m² which includes 19 rooms (6 bathrooms, 8 bedrooms, 2 kitchen-diners, 2 utility rooms).
The main house has been refurbished with love and care. All guest accommodations are renovated and have oil central heating.
Parking: Parking outdoors, Driveway, Garage, Entrance Hall
Heating-Cooling System: Oil central heating, Fireplace, AC
Equipment: Solar (Water), Internet/Phone
Garden: Private, Trees, Auto irrigation, Fenced, BBQ
Views: Sea View, Panoramic View, Country-side View
• 120m² of cobblestone paving in front of the manor house
• 60m natural stone path between the guesthouse and the gardens
• 3 terraces (upper terrace with awnings (28m²) “market square” terrace with olive tree and summer kitchen (50 m²) terrace with plum tree 72 m²)
• 3 roof-tiled arbours (ivy-arbour, garden-arbour and zephyr-arbour)
• 3 small brick-built houses (storage space for firewood, garden tools, etc.)
• Water Tank/Plunge Pool (9000 l) and several spring water basins
• Installation room (heating system)
• Lit parking area.
• Water supply: Year-round independent drinking and domestic water supply by two on-site springs: approx. 1.000 l drinking water daily. The water comes from an artesian well at the end of 56 and 25-metre tunnels driven into the mountain. Connection to mains water possible.
• Distance to Beach: 35km