house t3, in the center of vila nova de milfontes.
excellent sun exposure, with a balcony in the master bedroom overlooking the beach and sea.
property very well cared for with wardrobes in the bedrooms, fireplace in the living room, equipped kitchen, 1 bathroom complete with bathtub, the other two bathrooms with polyban, ready to live.
small patio in the backyard and a parking space.
privileged location in the center of the village, close to pharmacy, playground and supermarkets a 2-minute walk from vila nova de milfontes beach.
habita is a partner of several financial entities enabling all its clients free simulations of housing credit.
vila nova de milfontes is a portuguese parish in the municipality of odemira, beja district, located on the north bank of the mouth of the mira river. it is located in the natural park of southwest alentejo and costa vicentina and has 75.88 km² of area.
at the end of the christian reconquest, the alentejo coastline was a sparsely populated and disorganized territory, as such, the king of portugal d. afonso iii made extensive donations to the order of santiago as rewards for its important role in the war against the moors. in 1486, d. joão ii founded a new village, on the site called milfontes, with the purpose of protecting and developing commercial transactions. it detached its territory from the municipality of sines, to which it once belonged, and created, thus, a new municipality that lasted between 1486 and 1836.
because it was situated on the coast, this region was often beset by pirates, who plundered and robbed the population and vessels. in the 16th to 18th centuries, the maghrebine corso afflicted the portuguese coasts dramatically. to cope with this climate of fear and instability, at the end of the sixteenth century was ordered to build the fort of st. clement (castle of milfontes).
this locality is linked to the great feat of portuguese aviation that was the first area crossing between portugal and macau, carried out by brito paes and sarmento beires. it was on april 7, 1924 that the riders left campo dos coitos, next to milfontes, heading to the east. in honor of the aviators and his historical achievement, he was erected in praça da barbacã, next to the fort, a monument that recalls the heroic journey. it should be noted that commander brito paes was a native of the municipality of odemira, more specifically colos.
culture and leisure: — são clemente fort or vila nova de milfontes castle — southwestern alentejo and costa vicentina natural park — mother church: church of our lady of grace (vila nova de milfontes) — hermitage of são sebastião (vila nova de milfontes) — parties and pilgrimages — our lady of grace is the patron saint of milfontes, holding an annual feast on august 8, with the river procession being the highlight of the celebrations. the tourist fair, where there is musical animation, gastronomic tents, etc. the parish has two annual fairs, which t