The Neo-Gothic palace features four floors and four corner towers, as well as a large courtyard. The castle has a large estate, which is a historical ensemble of the castle building itself and a beautiful plot of land.
The palace is surrounded by an old park, in the center of which there is a stone statue in the Baroque style of St. Janez Nepomuk. This castle has an incomparable advantage over other similar objects and with its reconstruction the owner can enter his name in the history of the country and even Europe. After standing for many years, it bewitches with its amazing beauty at any time and any weather. Traditions and heritage of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in this palace are combined with the age-old concept of a noble and prosperous place for living and recreation.
Moldings and sculptures on the facades of the castle are original.
In the southern part of the palace there is a Neo-Gothic chapel that belongs to the castle that is connected with the palace by a balcony (the addition of the last owner, Count Clemens Brandis). The chapel in 1862 was blessed by Bishop Anton Martin Slomashe.
The interior of the palace is also made in Neo-Gothic. The lobby of the castle and the halls have a vaulted ceiling, a marble floor is in a perfect condition. In the graph room, the walls are also decorated in Neo-Gothic style, rich double doors are installed.
Partially preserved the original interior doors of the palace. Several rooms on the ceiling have original frescoes. In the basement of the eastern wing, the original gate has been preserved, and on the first and in the basement floors of the tower there is a vaulted ceiling. There is also a heraldic panel of 1582 with the original coat of arms of the wealthy families of Colonic and Vagnov-Wagensberg is built.
Location and nearby objects
The castle is just one kilometer from the Maribor airport.