Greece reveals the number of participants in the Golden Visa program
Between 2014 and 2021, a total of 23,785 foreigners applied for a Greek Golden Visa program and obtained residence permits.
Greece has received about 2.6 billion euros of Golden Visa investment, as reported by the Ministry of Migration and Asylum. Most participants have come from China, Turkey, Russia, and the Middle East.
Top three countries with a large number of applications:
- China: 5,927 applications
- Turkey: 524 applications
- Russia: 322 applications
The most popular way to obtain a five-year residence permit in Greece is buying Greek real estate worth at least 250,000 euros
Top 5 Articles of the Month
- How to buy 3 apartments in Greece and get a residence permit in the middle of pandemic: Alex's case
- European limitations on foreign property purchases
- Property for sale in Greece — real estate prices in 2021
- Spain vs. Portugal: the definitive guide for overseas property investors
- Taxes in Greece in 2021