MIPIM Awards ceremony to be held on September 8th
The international real estate industry’s award will announce its winners at the ceremony held at the occasion of MIPIM September Edition on Wednesday, 8 September at 3.00 pm in the Auditorium Debussy of the Palais des Festivals in Cannes.
50 projects from 21 countries have been selected for a shortlist. France has the most projects (nine), five projects come from China and four from Russia. Germany, United Kingdom, United States, Japan and Denmark have three projects each.
The winners will be selected on a 50:50 basis, with delegates’ votes cast online and on site before and during MIPIM September Edition 2021, carrying equal weight with the jury’s own votes. What’s more, the jury will award one additional prize – the ‘Special Jury Award’, which goes to their favourite project amongst all. This year, the jury is chaired this year by Méka Brunel, CEO of Gecina, a French real estate group.
This year, in addition to the usual criteria, the jury also considers how the project adjusts to the consequences of the pandemic and how it has changed people’s lifestyles.
Members of the MIPIM Jury Awards 2021 are:
- Méka BRUNEL, CEO, Gecina (France) & President of the jury
- Stéphanie BENSIMON, Head of Real Estate, Ardian France (France)
- Kai-Uwe BERGMANN, Partner, Bjarke Ingels Group (Denmark)
- Akim DAOUDA, CEO, FGIS (Gabonese Sovereign Wealth Fund) (Gabon)
- Hala EL AKL, Director, PLP Architecture (UK)
- Serge FAUTRE, CEO, AG Real Estate (Belgium)
- Kathleen FONTANA, President, RICS (UK)
- Paolo GENCARELLI, Head of Group Real Estate, Poste Italiane (Italy)
- Marco HEKMAN, Divisional President, Advisory Services, Continental Europe, CBRE (The Netherlands)
- Frank KHOO, Group Chief Investment Officer, City Developments Limited (Singapore)
- Sergey KUZNETSOV, Chief Architect, Moscow City (Russia)
- Henrik SAXBORN, CEO, Castellum (Sweden)
- Katarzyna ZAWODNABIJOCH, President & CEO, CEE Region, Skanska Commercial
- Development Europe (Poland)