Tranio.com partners with MIPIM 2020
MIPIM 2020 will turn the spotlight on how cities need to reinvent themselves to meet their inhabitants’ aspirations for a better quality of life. The central theme of this year’s event – ‘the Future is Human’ – is a follow-on from last year’s discussions about sustainable responsibility. The ambition this year is to put city-dwellers at the heart of the conversation by focusing on the societal dimension of sustainable development. Organised by Reed MIDEM, a subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions, MIPIM, the World’s Leading Property Market, will be held in Cannes from 10 to 13 March 2020.
An attractive city is one where the living is good, hosting existing and new residents as well as companies and investors. This virtuous circle must form the baseline for everyone designing and building tomorrow’s cities. What kinds of services and facilities can cities offer their inhabitants in order to make their lives more convenient, safer and greener, as well as more open, connected and inclusive? The MIPIM conference programme will address all these topics, including:
- Housing – clearly the major issue in key metropolitan areas. The shortage of affordable housing is a significant challenge at a time when the UN predicts that two thirds of all human beings will be city-dwellers by 2050. New kinds of housing, urban mixing, eco-neighbourhoods, and intelligent buildings are just some of the solutions, and a broad range of experiments are already being carried out to promote a better quality of life.
- Mobility is closely linked to housing difficulties and raises questions about its own impact on health and the size of its carbon footprint. The convergence between property and mobility paves the way to models focused on using, sharing and pooling. What are these new forms of civic, eco-responsible mobility and how do they fit into the urban environment?
- Inclusive cities, which value social, cultural, gender and intergenerational diversity, also play their part in living comfortably together. MIPIM continues to promote diversity in its various events and conferences. A networking event dedicated to young talent in the industry will be held on Wednesday, 11th of March at 6pm and will create a bridge between today and tomorrow’s decision-makers.
What’s new at MIPIM 2020
Hospitality and Tourism
Multi-use property is now redefining urban accommodation solutions. Rather than talking about the hotel business, the watchword now is hospitality, which includes the notions of hybrid and modular accommodation designed to meet new demands of city people. For example: Mama Shelter, Okko, citizenM, and the MOB Hotel, which offer rooms that can be converted into meeting rooms. Now that cities compete with each other on an international scale, hospitality and hotel infrastructure have become a key factor in attracting business. MIPIM participants will be able to discover a highly-targeted programme composed of:
- A Hospitality & Tourism summit behind closed doors (Thursday, 12 March at 8am)
- A dozen dedicated conferences and networking events
- An exhibition area featuring Accor, Hilton, easyhotel.com, Horwath HTL, and Tui Hotel & Resorts, among others
- A special category in the MIPIM Awards competition
From developers through urban planners to asset managers, the real estate industry depends on technology to anticipate and meet the needs of individual buyers. According to Venture Scanner, the proptech sector represents investments of $77 billion from nearly 3,000 investors worldwide. For the first time in Cannes, MIPIM PropTech will organise a day of conferences and networking events wholly dedicated to technological innovation in the urban environment. Around the theme of ‘invest in tech’, MIPIM participants will be able to discover the dynamics of investment in this market and also how innovation is spreading inside property companies and forming part of their business models. PropTech Day will be held on Tuesday, 10th March at the Carlton Beach and will be open to all MIPIM participants.
More than 500 cities and local authorities from all over the world are represented at MIPIM. The Political Leaders’ Summit, a closed-door event co-organized with EUROCITIES, will allow mayors and other public representatives from around the world to meet, share ideas and learn from their neighbours’ experiences on how to create the resilient cities of tomorrow. “By giving a voice to all urban stakeholders, from property professionals and political decision-makers, to urban planners, end-users and more, MIPIM will provide a practical, forward-looking vision of the new challenges that will define tomorrow’s cities. And as well-being at work is one of the expectations of the new generation, this subject will be addressed at MIPIM with a dedicated programme,” explains Ronan Vaspart, Director MIPIM.
About Reed MIDEM:
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM UK Summit in London, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, MIPIM PropTech NYC in New York, MIPIM PropTech Europe in Paris, MIPIM PropTech Asia in Hong Kong SAR for the tech and real estate industry; MAPIC and LeisurUp in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and The Happetite in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com